MOUNTAIN DEW 2005-2012
THE ORIGINAL BRIEF
To create a programme of grass roots activity with a view to being able to take it through the line in the future.
- Mountain Dew Ambassador Programme
- MountainDew.co.nz and Mountain Dew NZ Facebook Page
- Dew Road Tours
1. Mountain Dew Ambassador Programme
- 2005 – Recruited key influencers who were competitive in surfing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, freestyle BMX and mountain boarding
- Their talent was important but personality, networks and an ability and willingness to be advocates for the brand and generate content were equally critical
- 2006/2007 – Snowboarding ambassadors featured in Dew’s NZ TVC
- 2010 – Wakeboarding, Freestyle BMX and Skateboarding ambassadors featured in Dew’s Code Red TVC
- 2011 – Skateboarding ambassadors featured in Dew’s Skate Pinball TVC and “making of” TV clips
- Current Dew Team members include top skaters, a world junior wakeboarding champ, winners of snowboarding events in the USA and more.
2. MountainDew.co.nz and Mountain Dew NZ Facebook
- 2005 – We built a basic website featuring the ambassadors
- 2006 – Briefed three agencies to pitch for a more complex site build once the ambassador programme was proving itself
- 2006 – 2008 – Managed the generation and publishing of content by ambassadors and from other Dew activity while also working with the client and interactive agency to drive the site’s evolution
- 2009 – Built a new site in-house
- 2010 – Launched Mountain Dew NZ Facebook page
- Dec 2011 – Hit 30,000 “likes” on Facebook
- Click here to check out the site and here for the Facebook page
3. Dew Road Tours
- To provide an engaging brand experience, while also achieving sampling objectives, we customised a racing car trailer with Xbox360 consoles, Samsung big screens, a P.A. system and more.
- Our promotional team hits the road for several weeks at a time focusing on key summer or winter destinations around the country
- We arrange a supporting radio schedule and the team links up with radio promo teams who make live crosses at most stops
- Both the promo team and radio activity also promote a tour competition that used to incentivise sign-ups to the online database at mountaindew.co.nz but now focuses on generating “likes” for the Facebook fan page. Thousands of sign-ups/likes are achieved during each tour.